Get in the Spirit of Appalachia, September 15
The grounds of Hardman Farm in Sautee Nacoochee will be set for a celebration of the senses on Saturday, September 15. Musicians will play on stage while festival-goers taste delectable dishes made from Georgia products by Georgia chefs, sample Georgia's finest wines and craft beers and shop the booths of Georgia artists selling all types of creations.
Georgia's Spirit of Appalachia Food, Wine & Art Festival is a Georgia Grown event presented by Springer Mountain Farms with media support from Atlanta Magazine and produced by the White County Chamber of Commerce & Welcome Center.
- Celebrity chefs will present culinary demonstrations on the half-hour. They will create dishes for tasting using Springer Mountain Farms chicken and the ingredients of participating food and farm producers.
- The wines of participating wineries will be recommended for each dish. Georgia wines will be available for tasting and for sale at the festival. Craft beers from Georgia breweries will be available for tasting and sale.
- Georgia artists and craftsmen working in all mediums will show and sell their work.
- Scrumptious offerings of bar-b-que and farm to table specialties - even boiled peanuts - will be sold on site.
- Soak up Georgia history by stepping into the cool halls of the Hardman House, which will be open for touring.
Admission to the Spirit of Appalachia Festival is free. Parking is $10 per vehicle. Tickets for food and beverage tasting will be sold on site. Please have ID on hand, as everyone will be carded at the gate.
We look forward to seeing you at this family friendly event. Like us on Facebook to keep up with all the details as they unfold. www.facebook.com/spiritofappalachia/
Get in the Spirit. All are welcome!
Please note: Service dogs only are allowed at
Hardman Farm. All other pets are not. Contact Hardman Farm for more information.
Local accommodations range from picturesque bed and breakfasts, to rental cabins, state park lodges and franchise hotels. Visit the Business Directory page of the White County Chamber of Commerce website for lodging information, www.whitecountychamber.org.
White County is nestled in the heart of mountains of northeast Georgia, an easy drive from Atlanta (90 miles), Greenville, SC (100 miles), Asheville, NC (130 miles), Chattanooga, TN (135 miles).
For more information, call (706) 865-5356 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download and print the Application and Guidelines for:
Craft Beer Producers
Chef & Food Talent
Artists and Craftsmen
Farm and Food Producers